In just a few days, adoptive and foster moms from all around the greater Birmingham area will make their way to the Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort in Hoover, Alabama for the Unfailing Love Retreat. Here are five ways you can pray for this very special group of mothers:
1) Rest: Pray that these moms will have time to relax and take a break from the rigorous demands of everyday life as they parent children who have experienced varying degrees of relational trauma.
2) Restoration: Ask the Lord to restore these ladies by drawing them closer to Him through worship, Biblical and Gospel-centered encouragement through each speaker, and in this intentional time away from their families.
3) Community: Parenting children who have unique and difficult backgrounds can be very isolating for moms. Please ask God to give this group of attendees a special bond, and for Him to forge new relationships that will provide the community of support that foster and adoptive moms so desperately need.
4) Equipped: Pray that every session and small group class would help connect each mother with just the knowledge and wisdom she needs to better serve her family. Ask Him to provide the grace in dealing with their own struggles as well as helping shepherd their children.
5) Challenged: Ask the Lord to not leave any Unfailing Love attendee untouched. May He pour out His love on them and then through them as they prepare to return home to their children with fresh eyes and hearts.
Thank you for lifting these special women and the Unfailing Love Retreat Team in prayer! If you know of any waiting, adoptive, or foster mom who would benefit from this unique retreat, please go to www.unfailingloveretreat.org and help them get registered.