I was tagged to list my top 10 books...the ones that have been the most influential to me. These are the books I've wrestled with, studied, analyzed, loved, hated to love, and loved to hate. These are the books I think about and come up in my conversations often, the ones that have shaped the way I relate to people around me, the way I mother, the way I try to live out my faith, the way I teach, and the light by which relationships with my students and their families are painted. In no particular order...
1. The Bible - And I do mean that. Of the hundreds of thousands of books I've read in this lifetime, this sacred text is the one book I think about every single day.
3. Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand
4. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
5. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
8. Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
11. The Death and Life of the Great American School System by Diane Ravitch
12. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
13. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
14. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
There are so many I am forgetting, so many I should list but haven't. I tried not to overthink it, but COME ON. 10 books? I just couldn't possibly.
What about your Top 10...or 15?